Cryptocat is a fun, accessible app for having encrypted chat with your friends, right in your browser and mobile phone. Everything is encrypted before it leaves your computer. Even the Cryptocat network itself can’t read your messages. Cryptocat is open source, FREE software, developed by encryption professionals to make privacy accessible to everyone.
Cryptocat offers group chat, file sharing, and more:
- Chat with groups of friends at the same time using Cryptocat’s group chat encryption.
- Cryptocat’s fun interface makes it easy!
- Send files and photos to friends quickly and easily, with the assurance that not even the Cryptocat network itself can read your data.
- Connect to Facebook Messenger to see which Facebook friends are also using Cryptocat, and set up encrypted chat with them instantly. Yes, you can use Cryptocat to securely chat over Facebook.
- The app lives in your browser, and is currently supported in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. It opens a chat room that you name. Multiple people can join the chat room and all of them see everything being sent. However, you will know who the other participants are. Cryptocat chat rooms apparently cannot be monitored by anyone else.
Cryptocat is simple, secure, and disposable. It requires no setup, and presents an infinite number of places to hide a conversation.
You can learn more or even download Cryptocat at https://crypto.cat/.