Encrypto lets you encrypt files before sending them to friends or coworkers. Just drop a file into Encrypto, set a password, and then send it however you normally would — but this time with added security. Best of all, it’s free for both Macintosh and Windows.
Encrypto takes any file or folder and adds AES-256 encryption to it. With encryption, you know your file is incredibly secure and that only the right person can access it. Encrypto offers:
- Create a Password Hint – Instead of relaying a password to the file recipient, you create a unique, embedded password hint that only they would be able to decipher.
- Send Files Securely – You can send encrypted files the way you usually do. No matter how you send your files, they’re protected.
- Save Them to Disk – Not only does Encrypto let you send encrypted files to others, but it also lets you save them to your hard drive. Select your files, put them through Encrypto, and they’re protected.
- Hide Original – If you’re really looking for security, why stop at encryption? Encrypto’s got seamless integration with Hider 2, which lets you hide your files and make them invisible to everyone — but yourself, of course.
- For Windows, and for Mac – Encrypto lets you share files with friends or coworkers no matter their OS. You use a Mac, your friend uses Windows — you both can encrypt and send files to each other with Encrypto.
You can the free Encrypto application at http://macpaw.com/encrypto.