One device should be an excellent method of keeping backups of your Windows, Macintosh, or Linux computer safe from prying eyes. It obviously would also be an excellent method of sending a lot of data to someone else in a method that is safe. Want to keep your cryptocurrency wallet safe? Copy the wallet to this external encrypted hard drive, unplug the drive, then erase the wallet from the computer. The encrypted hard drive is very easy to use.
- Storage Capacity: 1 terabyte
- Absolutely no software or drivers
- Simple to use with no encryption or key management software.
- Supports alpha and numeric based passwords, plus the # and * characters
- AES 256-bit XTS mode encryption.
- Self destruct security mode (mitigate brute force hacking)
- Keypad randomization (mitigate surface analysis)
- Super-speed USB 3.0 interface (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Rapid secure wipe (rapid key zeroization)
- Supports an administrator password (full permissions) and a user password (limited permissions)
- Removable silicone protective guard
The DataLocker DL3 1TB encrypted external hard drive is available from Amazon at https://amzn.to/2UUvTxl for $277.12 US. I assume it is also available from other online merchants as well.
- Zoom Relents and Agrees to Give Free Users End-to-End Encryption
- Civil Rights Groups Urge Large Facebook Advertisers to Boycott the Platform in July
Categories: Encryption, Hardware, Offline Privacy & Security, Product Review
Leave a Reply