- A new report exposes how a federal contractor secretly puts government tracking software into hundreds of mobile apps.
- The data gleaned from this tracking is then sold back to the US government for undisclosed purposes.
- This tactic is deceptive because the tracking isn’t disclosed. However, it appears to be totally legal.
Details may be found in an article by C. Scott Brown in the Android Authority web site at https://www.androidauthority.com/government-tracking-apps-1145989/.
- The NSA Warned Staff That Smartphone Apps Can Track Them. Here Are Their Recommendations to Avoid Tracking.
- Over a Billion Android Devices Are at Risk of Data Theft
Categories: Online Privacy & Security
Leave a Reply